Municipality Department, Yanam
The Pondicherry Municipality Act has been introduced by the Government w.e.f. 26-1-1974.
The Municipality is a separate entity of self Government institution with constitutional status and the municipality is vested with powers for taxation like property tax, profession tax, Advertisement tax, Entertainment tax etc. All the functions and activities are solely meant for public only. The Municipality has got its own different Bye-Laws on various matters for the regulation of various functions.
- Service matters relating to all categories of Municipal employees.
- Grant of ACP/MACP & preparation of Minutes of Screening Committee.
- Regularization of daily rated / part time employees of the Municipalities.
- Obtaining Govt. approval for the continuance of part-time, daily rated & other temporary posts
- Filling up of vacant posts by promotion
- Conducting DPC for promotion and preparing Minutes of DPC.
- Issue of NOC to obtain Passport, grant of permission for four programme to the members of Municipal Council & Commissioners.
- Other miscellaneous matters connected with the service matters of the municipal employees.
- Association demands regarding Municipal employees service matters.
- Advances in respect of HBA/MCA/PCA.
Office AddressThe Commissioner,
Phone No. 21268.
Content of this page is last updated on 02/05/2017
No of visits : since 13/07/2015