Police department in Yanam is headed by Superintendent of Police. There are 8 Police stations including coastal stations.
Coastal police, Yanam provides security to coastal areas, vigil on smuggling through river/sea, rehabilitation during disaster s and natural calamities, maintain law and order along with the coast.
Duties of Coastal Police
- To provide security to Coastal area in the country.
- Controlling entry of Infiltrators, Militants and anti-Social elements through sea route into the country.
- To have a vigil on the smuggling of Petrol, Diesel and commonly used items through sea and rivers.
- To have a close watch on the exports and imports of ammunition, explosives, drugs, women trafficking and anti-social activities.
- To keep an eye on the Fishermen not joining hands with the militants and Anti-Social elements.
- To maintain cordial relations with the Coastal residents and get the advance information through them to establish the security in the country.
- To take action in advance on the anti-social elements by establishing cordial relation with the Coastal residents.
- Maintain good relation with the –
(1) State Police
(2) Indian Navy
(3) Coast guard
(4) Fisheries Department
(5) Customs Etc.
with an aim to give full coastal security.
- To practice in the rehabilitation activities along with the district Officers at the time of natural Calamities like Cyclones etc.
- To maintain peace and tranquil life on the sea and along the coast at the time of any conflict between the people of different religions and classes.
- Alerting the fisher folks with prior intimation venturing in the sea for fishing at the time of natural calamities.
- Taking precautionary measure in consultation with the concerned management to avoid polluting and destroying the purity and sanctity of rivers and sea-coast with fill the waste from factories and industries.
- The main objective of the Coastal Police is to maintain Law and Order along the coast and on the Sea/River by implementing Central and State Policies.
Coastal Police Station,
Email : coastalpsynm08[at]gmail[dot]com
Ph. : 8712244788, 08842321600