Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) (Centrally Sponsored Scheme)
To assist educated unemployed persons in setting up enterprise in industry & service sectors by providing loans through banks
Eligibility: Permanent resident of the Union Territory of Puducherry for at least 3 years.
Age limit: 18 years completed.
- Education is not required if the project cost is below Rs.5.00 lakhs for service sector and below Rs.10.00 lakhs for manufacturing sector.
- Minimum qualification of 8th standard pass is required for beneficiaries in respect of projects costing more than Rs.10.00 lakhs for manufacturing sector and more than Rs.5.00 lakhs in service sector.
- Maximum cost of the project Rs.25.00 lakhs for manufacturing sector.
- Maximum cost of the project Rs.10.00 lakhs for service sector.
Income: No ceiling limit for annual income.
Training: Entrepreneur Development Programme (EDP) training programme is mandatory for duration of 2 to 3 weeks.
Margin money (own contribution) to be paid by the entrepreneur
- General Category: 10%.
- SC/ST/OBC/MC/Women/Ex-Servicemen/PH: 5%.
General category – 15% 25%
SC/ST/OBC/MC/Women/Ex-Servicemen/PH – 25% 35%
Period of Loan disbursement: After completion of prescribed training.
Implementing Agency: District Industries Centre for Rural & Urban areas and Pondicherry Khadi & Village Industries Board for Rural areas.
Note: Applications are available in the DIC office and in all PMEGP implementing Banks at free of cost on all working days in the office hours. The applications can also be down loaded from the website/ e-mail as follows: 1. credit firstname.lastname@example.org and
Educated Unemployed Youths
Entrepreneurship Skill Development
How To Apply
Nodal Agency: Khadi & Village Industries Commission
Contact Officer: The Functional Manager, District Industries Centre, Puducherry.View (94 KB)